Friday, October 26, 2007

Arrive upside down....

Welcome....

Well I've finally arrived, and I tell thee, it's some journey. After an emotional good-bye at the airport, between Dave and I that is, I flew out to Dubai.
I managed to get a window seat on the plane, but the best part was having a live feed, on the little tv's in front of you, for watching take offs and landings from the "pilots view" - However I did start to wonder if it would be good if we crashed!! I watched about 5 episodes of family guy and a film, however I can't remember what it was...

Dubai airport is really nice. It's got something like 50 gates and loads of shops and a couple of bars, which I must of looked found a hundred times in the 8 hours I was there. I managed to stay away and have a couple of beers to celebrate 22 hours without sleep - but also to celebrate getting away from some random bloke who talked about his job - a bus driver - while i had a meal in the airport.

From Dubai, I flew out to Bangkok so the plane could refuel. However this also meant I have to get off the plane, and walk round to re-board and go through customs again, just to sit in the same seat again - such a pain in the arse.

Bangkok to Sydney. This was the knackering part, even though I managed to get a couple of hours sleep in, as well as watch Oceans 13.
Got the train to Sydney Central, and managed to get a shower in my hotel before check-in which was great. Then spent the day sorting out a mobile, email me for my number or check it on facebook or ask Dave & Hazel.
Anyways... Meet up with Ant last night, and we had a good few beers. I've not realised not to go out drinking without having some food inside of you as you become a light-weight and head home early!!

Today, managed got get up for breakfast but then been back in bed till about 3pm today - mix of jet lag and being super hung-over!!
Just been down to the Opera House, it's really nice, especially with the sun setting, and I walked back through a park which was full of bats - bit scary!!...

I will post some picture's up next time round, forgot my usb cable...

Bye for now...G

No comments: