Friday, January 4, 2008

New Year, New City...

Well my love affair with Sydney will be over in just a couple more hours, as I will be flying up to Cains...

I think spending New Year down near the botanical gardens and just having a laugh with everyone was maybe the best new year I have ever had. The fire work show was amazing and as I'd decided to only have a couple of beers in the day I managed to remember it all, which I am happy about. The view we had all day, in the sweltering heat, was of the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge - then when midnight arrived and the fireworks went off it was just, well, immense.
I managed to capture some of it on my camera, so I will post up the pictures and videos at some point next week.

Last night we all went out for a few beers, think there was something like 10 of us, as it seems the majority of people are leaving Sydney over the next few days, it was a nice way to end it all - plus it's another excuse for a piss up...not that we need much of an excuse!! Mind you, not sure I want to meet up with one of the girls, Louise, as last night she told me I couldn't dance - I was so offended she didn't like the old knee-jive!!

It's sad to be leaving Sydney, especially in the respect that I have made a real good bunch of mates here, but I have to start traveling, and we've said we're going to have a big reunion when we're all back in England, which will be great - but it may feel strange not drinking goon on a roof!!

Friday was my last day working for MSF, it's kinda strange to think I will not be working for at least another 5 weeks. I've been told to get back in contact with them if I come back into Sydney and need some work, which is great to know.

I think that's about it, feeling a little light headed and hungover so trying not to think to much... Oh... I got some good news last night, spoke with the guy that "takes some corners and free kicks" (Ste) and he's thinking of coming out to Oz in March, so that'll be great if he pulls that off... If anyone else fancies coming joining me just let me know :)

Well I'm going to bust-a-groove now and head for a cheeky beer. I will be up in Cains for the next couple of days, then off to Cape Tribulation midweek for a bit of R&R on the beach and in a rain forest. Think it's the Great Barrier Reef after that. To be honest I've become so laid back, I'm glad I'd traveling some of the coast with Glenn, as I just leave him to sort everything. Oh and also with the fone network being even more limited up there I think it's best to contact me via the old electronic mail still...

Look after yourselves and I hope to have a bunch of emails by next week telling me how cold you all are!!!... G

No comments: