Sunday, November 25, 2007

Busy'ish...

Not sure is that's a word, but you all know what I'm getting at...

Hello...
Sorry it's been over a week since I last wrote anything. I know to some people knowing the in's and out's of my time out here is more exciting that an episode of X-Factor!!

I hope you have seem my latest bunch of pictures - http://picasaweb.google.com/gicocker - otherwise please have a ganders.

I've been over to the Sydney Olympic Park, did the tour, and managed to see the end where Johnny Wilkinson kicked to glory in the Rugby World Cup just over 4 years ago! (Poor Dave wasn't feeling to well that night and missed it..haha!) It was a really good tour and the Stadium is amazing - but I have to say, I can see what "Waste Lands" is designed on, typical City, can't think for themselves!! The Olympic Village is massive and even thought I spent half a day there, I still needed more time.

Apart from that, I've just been chilling. Went back over to Watson's Bay, but this time took Mel and Gemma with me - they liked "my" beach, even if other people were using it. Think I may of also of been to Bondi again, but can't remember.
Otherwise, just been running in my new trainers - my run consists of jogging over and around the Opera House. Otherwise I have just been trying to see everything that is left in Sydney to see, because come the New Year I'll be glad to start getting some distance under my belt - I'm thinking the first stop with be Caines - fly up and then work down the east coast.

Been heading out for a few beers in the evenings, sometimes just going to the old man pubs - didn't see Ian or Terry there though! - and just playing cards, can't hack a heavy night every night, must be getting old.

Yesterday, it was raining so just stayed in the hostel and chilled out, but went on the goon by about 5pm, followed by a few drinks, mainly Red Label (don't you just love doing that in Scotland David!) on the cross with Mel and Nicola. But before we headed out, Nicola decided she wanted to straighten my hair!!!

Today, I went to see the Sydney Christmas Parade, which lasted about an hour and a half - can you guess which clown forgot to put sun cream on! - So now my face is a little red!
Anyways, it was packed, seemed like the whole of Sydney come out for it. Some parts of the parade were impressive, but others looked no better than the old Bullock Smithy one back with you guys.

Oh yeah, I've also got myself a job - bit of the old data-inputting for a charity, start tomorrow and should last up to Christmas. Quite chuffed as it will give me something to do with my time while I am stuck here till the New Year, plus it's extra Dollars, which will come in handy.

I hope everyone is well back home & it's great to hear from you all - please keep it up... It cheers me up to know how cold it is there!!...Ha Ha... Still not thinking about coming home anytime soon...

Gray-ham!!

No comments: