Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Seasons Greetings

Merry Christmas to you all... I know it's a bit late, so sorry!

I hope everyone have a great time - I know I did, it's not that often I play footie on the beach on Christmas day - think I still have that Spurley Hey Magic!!!...

Can I just say I'm sorry for not contacting people on Christmas day or if you contacted me and I never got back to you, basically VodaFone was up and down for nearly 48 hours so I wasn't receiving or able to make calls or texts. I can't wait till New Year - think I might be easier to get a couple of Pigeons and send them with messages!!!...


So what have I been up to I hear you ask... Well...
The Saturday before Christmas, our hostel throw a big party on the roof - which was great, free beer, a bbq and music - by all accounts everyone got wasted. Then a bunch of us headed out into Sydney, ending up in Scruffys for a bit with some live band playing. Then Ben and I headed to the 3 wise monkeys to meet some girls he knew, the problem was we got split up when I went to toilet and with it being 4 floors it all went a bit wrong and I walked back to the hostel with 3 pizza slices!
When I got back I sat around with my mate Glenn who was on night manager duty, so we just wanted to footie, then I fell asleep in the tv room - i'm sure that's like 4 Saturdays on the run now, but with the footie on from 12pm till 5am I think most people would!

Anyways I finally made it back to my own back about 5:30am, only to be woke at 9am by Floor (a Dutch girl in our room, as we'd agreed if it was nice weather we should all head to the beach) - all I wanted was sleep, but up I got. Floor ended up heading to Manly, while Mel, Nicola and I went to Palm Beach as it's where some of Home and Away is shot - it sounded like such a great idea till we were sat on a bus for 1hr half!!...
As I get restless on the beach, I decided to do a Jason Bourne and do some running down the beach - I don't look anything like that as we all know - but there I was shirt off running along the sand. I ended up doing the whole length and back, the only issue was I realised just how RED I was looking - not good!!... Anyways to cut a long story short I managed to burn my legs, chest and to burn my face so it looked like I had two black eyes!!! I managed to nip out of work on Christmas Eve and buy some cream which made them go down, otherwise I would of stayed in my room on Christmas Eve...HAHA...

After finishing work about 2:30pm on Christmas eve I ran can sorted myself out and meet up with everyone else in the Rocks - There must of been about 20 of us, Nick and Dave in Santa Suits the rest of us in hats...We looked class... I would of posted up some pictures but I didn't fancy taking the camera, but I will get my hands on some. Basically the idea was to do "The 12 Pubs of Christmas!!" - I had a bit of catching up to do, but was up to speed by about the 2nd pub for me 5th for them.
We basically went along a route getting beers and doing drinking games, it was a right laugh. So people start falling by the way side, but we survived till quite late. Orla and I ended up at a midnight mass - you know religious gray over here! - basically I stud there, reading from the wrong hymn sheet getting moaned at for talking, so I did the only thing you could do in a situation like that...RUN OUT THE DOOR!!!

Christmas morning, I awoke to Gemma, Mel and Nicola jumping about and then playing the only festive song we had....
MARIAH CAREY - ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS!!... This got played on repeat about a million times more than it should ever be played!!..Poor Floor, the dutch girl in out room must of not of know what was happening... Anyways we had some goon and wine and then went about waking up the rest of the 3rd floor!! - once I got some quite time I opened my cards and presents - so thank you family, love you all!!!
The girls headed off to Coogee to see a Christmas dinner with the Irish girls, while I get off to Manly with 314 and everyone who had come out the night before. We choose Manly as we belived it would be less packed, compared to Bondi, which it was. The weather overcast, but to be fair I was happy with that after burning the other day. We stayed on the beach till late, us lads played footie and then we all just messed about. A few of us dug a big hole then a couple of the lads got filled in with the sand so just there head were showing!!
For Christmas dinner I had a pizza!, we all eat out on front of Manly beach and went back to Jonny and Stephs apartment for a bit of drinking and to play some shit head (a card game), followed by the last ferry home.
All in all it may or been a completely strange Christmas compared to a normal one back home, but will all us orphans together we had a wicked time and I loved every minute of it... *PICTURES HERE*

Now we just have New Year to survive, I finished work today till the 2rd then I only have till the 4th before I finish, as I fly to Cains on the 6th, then the traveling can really begin... Which fills me with joy, but also a bit of sadness that i'm leaving my home for the past 2 months and I have made some good mates within the past few weeks, onto of the girls of course!! - get shot if I didn't mention them :0)

I wish you all a quality New Year whatever your all up to.. I will try and speak with as many of you as possible, but as Australia's mobile network is built of two plastic cups and some shoe string this may not happen - this is also the same for messages, I didn't get some I know I should of had...

HAPPY NEW YEAR - ALL THE VERY BEST FOR 2008!!!...

No comments: