Well it's been a while, hasn't it.... sorry about that, but I'm here to give you great people an update on my progress or lack of it!...
Still pretending to be a 'Sydneysider', but it's all good, as I WILL be leaving just after my birthday to travel with Mr Lowry - who's coming out on a whistle stop tour with me.
So what has been keeping my amused the last few weeks... well, I've been having a few beers - nothing new there hey!
I have finished working for Goodwin, after doing my bit of scanning for them and went to work for Fuji Xerox over in North Ryde - basically it's over an hours bus ride away and that's the only way of getting there. I was basically ringing up customers around the country asking for meter readings on their photocopiers.... that can go down as the worst job I've had so far, not very enjoyable at all. The best part was I was told it was for at least a week, 2 days in and the work was done and I wasn't needed...
Since then I worked 4 days for Dexus, a property group, basically transferring data from one database to the other. Sounds boring and it was a little, but the people were good and it wasn't to taxing... That was about 2 weeks back, on the Wednesday night, I had meet up with two girls to have a beer down at the Opera Bar - that's right for one night only I was living the life of a flash-packer drinking right on the side of the Opera House with the Harbor Bridge as the background... It was class!!... We moved on to another couple of bars, but then my old friend come back...Mr Migraine, so that ended my night a bit prematurely!
Then I worked on the Thursday 8am-6:30pm - I was completely knacked by the night time.
I awoke on the Friday morning to a call from Susie @ M.S.F. asking if I could work with them again, so I started my 3rd and final stint with them last week... it's nice to work back with them guys, they're all good people and I feel like I've known them for years now... I will be there till I leave Sydney now...
As for the social side of things, it's been another couple of hard weeks, -in that everyone and by that I mean everyone, has left the hostel. It's mean I've had to get chatting with newbies and new-long-term'ers! I think there is something like 3 of us left now... I think the hardest losses were Andrew and Carolyne.
Of the newbies - There was 2 Geordie lads, Charlie and Will who initially come for a week and ended up staying here for over 2 weeks. There was a joke between us that they would never leave the hostel, as they were on a short holiday here it was funny, as they ended up with something like 2 weeks to do the whole of the East coast. We all had a great night at the gaff - where Will ended up getting thrown out for a fight that had nothing to do him... funny!
Oh yeah, I also got invited out by Teresa from M.S.F. for her birthday. Along with a few of her friends and family, we went to the NSW Art Gallery to view the entries for the 2008 Archibald Prize.
Now as you people will know, this was by far most high brow thing i've taken part in since I arrived out here... But it was really enjoyable, the entry I voted for didn't win, but you can't have it all...
Also went to a gig the other week, a band called Yves Klein Blue - I know they're got their 1st album out out here, so see if you guys can find it as they're not bad.
Other things that have been going on include;
- Playing Cricket on the Domain, some of us were that bad it ended up with us on minus points, as you lost 5 points everytime you got out... I ended up on -3! - JD, you would of been ashamed of me!
- Played Jenga - sounds sensiable enough, till I tell you it was drunked Jenga played on the Domain Car Park across the road from our place!...Each time someone made it fall they had to down a cup of Goon!
- Been for a couple of runs to the Opera House.
I've also started seeing a girl, her names Hannah, she used to live in Mannie, but is from Watford. I'm only around for another couple of weeks - but it's a bit of fun for us both in the mean time. She's a really nice girl, who's always smiling... And that's all I will say on the subject people....
So far this weekend, I've tried to keep it low key... I get down to the market yesterday to buy some veg, then a bunch of us went bowling for one of the girls birthdays. It was a good laugh, Al and I both ended up with 199 from the 2 games, plus we get mistaken for brothers (I'm the good looking one, of course!)..so the title of the blog!
As I said earlier, I will be leaving Sydney when Ryan arrives on the 10th June, hoping to go over to Ayres Rock - so going to get looking into that shortly...
I know I always say it, but I will will try and keep my blog upto date....Sorry Anita!...
Keep well and I will check back in soon...promise!!...
G :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment